Thursday, March 04, 2010

Gerzoo Coffee

It's been a while since I've been into town centre, Crawley is usually my chosen shopping destination, they have a poundland and lots of young girlies pushing prams. What more could you want?

Anyway, I had to go into town to send off some parcels. On my way back to the multi-storey car park (Yes MSDC, your evil plan worked, you got my 60p over the now equally expensive Waitrose car park) I saw a new coffee shop called Gerzoo Coffee. It's located in the unit formerly occupied by Johnson's fabrics.


I'm surprised that the owner would set up shop in Burgess Hill, you're already spoilt for choice in town when you want a coffee.

Lets see, we have MacDonalds, KFC, Truffles, the place next to Wilkinson, Mooch, Bar Cena, the sandwich shop at the end of Church Walk, that eaterie formally known as Star Burger, the joint opposite Iceland, the Marlets, and that café located at the indoor market, Factor in Jacobs Post, The Railway and Top House public houses and you begin to see why it's a dangerous market to enter.

From the outside looking in, Gerzoo looks the part, an ideal place to go for coffee whilst telling a friend about your latest affair or break-up. It certainly has a size advantage over other premises, but with two sides of the building being glass, it's not the place to be if you don't want to be spotted, that is unless you are a minor celebrity and like to show off.

As for the quality of their beverages and the food on offer, I don't have a clue I'm afraid, but if Mrs Gerzoo Coffee would like to invite me in for a coffee, then I'd not say no, especially if there's a drink and cake on the table afterwards.
(Do you see what I did there!?)

2 comments:

Mundyman said...

That coffee shop in the indoor shopping centre is called "Costa Lotta"

Anonymous said...

Do not use! They empty their ashtrays onto the same trays they serve your food and drink on and all they do is wipe it off with a blue towel not even a wet cloth or a spray! It's disgusting being served your coffee and food on an ash covered tray that smells, even as a smoker!!!