Saturday, November 20, 2010

Burgess Hill Webmaster Survives Near Death Experience!

Hello readers, as I write this to you, I am now a lesser man.

Last week I fell ill, and being a typical male, I ignored the pain and continued on as normal. The next day I had to conceed that I had a probem and was dumped off at the Princess Royal Hospital by the BHU cleaner. 7 hours later and full of Morphine I was taken to Royal Sussex County by Ambulance, another 11 hours wait and my appendix were finally removed.

Sadly, due to the time wasted in getting one of Burgess Hill's most prominent residents into the operating theatre, I was in a bad way and was unable to have fancy keyhole surgery, instead I had a 3 inch open incision so that the medical team could wash out all the muck that my appendix had loving spread throughout my abdomen, apparently some of my bowel was affected too. Exciting times!

Don't be concerned though readers, I'm pleased to report that I'm very much on the mend, my staples were removed yesterday, my brain is no longer like jelly and the exhaustion has gone.

Never again will I pass off appendicitis as a minor medical issue, especially if it involved an open incision on removal. It's so painful to move post op.

Anyway, this was just an update to explain my absence and that I'll be back to blogging again as usual. Publicity Pru has provided me with some material that I just can't ignore!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

This really solved my problem, thank you!.